The objectives of the Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation and Discovery (CUCRID) are as follows:
- To put in place research initiatives designed to build and strengthen Covenant University’s research infrastructure, recognise and advance faculty expertise.
- To increase the research capacity of the academic Departments.
- The Departments as well as faculty with successful submissions will receive grants to conduct research that is capable of being disseminated, implemented, and translated into practice and policy.
- The intent of the research grant programme is to strengthen the research environment in the institution by developing and/or expanding existing facilities for conducting research in relevant fields.
- To encourage academic Departments to engage their students in experiential learning opportunities through research and development.
- To apply the intellectual capacity of the University to the needs of the community, the state and the nation.
- To market those capacities to the public and private sectors of the economy.
- To provide opportunities to integrate teaching, research and service.
- To encourage multidisciplinary collaboration.
- To facilitate the administration of externally-supported projects.
- To coordinate all Centres of Excellence in the University.